Step 1: You will need
- 2 limes, peeled and cut into quarters
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tbsp flat leaf parsley
- 60 ml olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely sliced
- 20 raw prawns, peeled and deveined, tails left on
- 1 iceberg lettuce, washed, dried and shredded
- 2 avocados, each cut into eight pieces
- 2 tbsp olive oil for cooking
- 1 medium sized bowl
- 1 mixing spoon
- 1 frying pan
Step 2: Cook the prawns
Pour the olive oil into the frying pan and heat. Once the oil is hot add the prawns and leave them to cook for 1 minute. Turn over the prawns and cook for a further minute. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Shake the pan, remove from the heat and place the prawns on a cool dish.
Step 3: Make the dressing
Into a bowl place seven of the lime quarters, the other two will be used later. Add the flat leafy parsley and the shallots. Pour on the olive oil and season with some salt and pepper. Finally, squeeze out the juice from the remaining lime quarter. Gently mix everything together to combine all the flavours.
Step 4: Serve the salad
First place some of the iceberg lettuce onto the plate and add some of the avocado wedges. Position five of the prawns on top of the lettuce. Spoon over a little of the dressing and drizzle on some of the juice.