- 4 shallots, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1 packet of coriander
- 1 tsp shrimp paste
- 7 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 lemon grass stalks, chopped
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 4cm piece of ginger, peeled and cut up
- 3 bird's eye chillies
- 2 limes
- peanut oil
- 1 tin of coconut milk
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 1 chicken breast, cooked and chopped
- 1 tin of button mushrooms
Blend together the shallots, the coriander, the shrimp paste, a pinch of pepper, the garlic cloves, the lemon grass, the kaffir lime leaves, the ginger, 3 bird's eye chillies, the juice and zest of 2 limes and a lug of peanut oil. This should be very smoothly blended, and will be your curry paste.
Add a little oil to a saucepan and gently fry the curry paste for a couple of minutes. Add the coconut milk, the chicken stock, the chopped chicken and the button mushrooms. Mix well, heat through, and serve.