- 15 ml olive oil
- 120 g white onions, diced
- 10 g garlic, chopped
- 1 red chilli, seeded and chopped
- 120 g courgette, diced
- 50 g celery, diced, half cooked
- 380 g potato, diced, cooked
- 120 g swede, diced, cooked
- 50 g celeriac, diced and half cooked
- 25 g spinach, roughly chopped
- 50 g red pepper, diced
- 380 g canned chickpeas
- 250 g chopped tomatoes
- 250 g canned tomato sauce, passata-style
- 380 ml vegetable stock
- 50 ml white wine
- tomato puree
Place the swede, potato, celeriac, onions, red pepper, celery, courgette, chickpeas, tomatoes, white wine, cinnamon and marjoram, garlic and chilli in a large pot. Add the vegetable stock and stir. Put the lid on, bring to the boil, turn the heat down and simmer for around 30 minutes.
After 30 minutes, add the spinach and tomato puree and stir until the stew begins to thicken.
Serve the stew with couscous, rice or on its own with some crusty bread.